The Vandergrift Business Association was formed to serve the needs and interests of businesses in Vandergrift, PA and surrounding areas to foster economic growth.
Our mission is to unify our businesses to work towards a common goal, that of economic revitalization, to create a strong unified voice that represents the business interests of its members when
communicating with city/borough officials and government agencies.
The Vandergrift Business Association, (VBA) is a non-profit, non
partisan organization that is governed by a Board of Directors
comprising of 7 members. The objectives of the organization are:
Support business in the area through promotion as well as sponsorship of “Shop Local” and image building campaigns.
Help fund projects as suggested by VBA members including special projects and events.
Photo credit: Nicholas Kardos
Ready to Join?
Discover the benefits of membership
The VBA offers unique opportunities to our members.
Membership equals a voice and a vote for the direction of the VBA
Networking and support from other VBA members
Participation in VBA sponsored events
VBA Open Meeting Minutes 9/14/23
In attendance: Robert Buchanan, Karen Cramer, Laura Cuica, Rae Ann Bruner, Nikol Reed
- Oktoberfest is this Saturday. Details are all set, and we picked up a couple extra vendors last minute.
- Gathering on Grant: Ponies cancelled; worried about being on asphalt. Replaced with a horseshoe game and prizes for kids. Caricaturist will do ‘wanted’ pictures, with props we’ll provide. We also have a selfie photo op, and the scouts will help with the activities. Entertainment is Ricky Lake, Jr. of Endless Thirst. All the usual vendors will be there.
- 12/8 Holiday mixer event in planning stages. Venue is booked: Center on Franklin. Need Facebook post to recruit committee members. Will look to have all VBA members vote on “Business of the Year” which will be presented at the 12/8 event.
- No new business
- Meeting adjourned
VBA Open Meeting Minutes 7/13/23
In attendance: Robert Buchanan, Karen Cramer, Aubrey McCutcheon, Laure Cuica, Rae Ann Bruner, Nick Morgan, Nikol Reed, Deana Waters, Roger Laib, Rebecca Borland
1. Next Oktoberfest meeting is July 16th at 6pm
2. Raffle tickets sold for Oktoberfest need to be submitted back to Allusion by July 31st to be valid.
– Raffle tickets sold at counter in Allusion and at 412 Rally
– Car Show, Gathering on Grant, Artfest to have roaming Oktoberfest Committee member to sell raffle tickets
– Hoping to sell all the tickets to be able to Give Back and donate to both Firehalls
3. Gathering on Grant – July theme is Christmas in July
– 41-42 vendors signed up
– Port a Potty will be available
– No bicycles allowed within barriers, will be enforced for safety reasons
– Some table sponsors still needed
4. Educational series – Nick
– July Educational class – Viral Marketing by East West Boutique
– No Educational class in August
– September Educational class – Franchising
5. New Business
– ArtFest – Update from Lisa Dormire
– All is coming along well. Palettes will go up on Monday evening. Streets will close to traffic and parking at 7am the day of the event. Volunteers are needed in all capacities. Shuttle will be available from Big Lots and the #2 field. Space still available on Columbia for non-profit booths. VBA will request a booth.
– Marketing – VBA Facebook has 25,000 post engagements, and 74 more followers since last month.
VBA Open Minutes 8/10/2023
- Robert Buchanan
- Karen Cramer
- Aubrey McCutcheon
- Laura Cuica
- Rae Ann Bruner
- Roger Laib
- Rebecca Borland
- Steve Yakopek
- Cheryl Yakopek
Laura’s sponsorship t-shirts are doing well. In need of food truck vendors. Everything needs in by the end of the month. 12 spots. T-shirt sponsor $100. $30 to purchase a patrons shirt. Deadline is last weekend of August.
Oktoberfest yard signs are ready to be placed further out. Oktoberfest event was created on Facebook today. Rae Ann is going to boost it on Facebook. Bands are excited. Dancers are also excited. ATI considering sponsoring the tents. Next Oktoberfest committee meeting is this Sunday at 5pm. Looking to recruit many volunteers. Volunteers will get a shirt and a food voucher. Volunteer coordinator will be Rebecca.
Onsite fundraiser. Cooler of booze raffle. – Rebecca. Fill it with full size bottles of booze. Charge $10 a ticket of $20 for 3 tickets. Possible fundraiser during the months of the year we are not doing events? Fundraiser for the VBA at Witching Hours. Idea for fundraiser name “Cooler of BOOOOOze.”
Gathering on Grant – Luau – Moana is coming for free pictures with the kids from 5pm to 7pm. Cockatoo, name Elvis, is going to be in the building for sale and he is ready for pictures. Tiki toss game. Tiki mask craft. DJ. Food trucks.
September Gathering on Grant is Western themed. There will be free pony rides for the kids. 85lb limit.
Would like at least 4 free activities for the kids to be able to do with their families, to make memories.
Port-a-potty will be available again for this Gathering.
No Educational Series this month.
Possible survey to be released to business VBA members over the winter months to see what members would like to see at the educational series.
Possible Holiday mixer? Friday evening after hours. December 8th or 15th. 8th is favorable. 21 and over member plus one guest.